The District is famous for its cultural history. The region was once capital of ‘South Kosal’ ruled by ‘Somavansiya Emperors’, was also a centre of learning. Large number of temples here, with their natural and derive beauty were always a visitors delight. The temples and the fairs/festivals have become the part of peoples daily life.
The position of Sirpur is at the top of all international famed historical places of South Kosal ie, present Chhattisgarh. Sirpur, located at the bank of holy Mahanadi river, is completely merged with the cultural and architectural arts. In the old age(at the time of Somavanshiya emperors) Sirpur was known as ‘Shripur’ and was the capital of South Kosal. Sirpur has very special position in the history of Indian art due to the value of vital and original experimentals as well as religious and spiritual knowledge and science.
- Successful Implementation of Narva, Garwa, Ghurwa and Badi Scheme will open a new way of Rural Prosperity: Commissioner Mr. Churendra
- Commissioner Mr. Churendra reviewed the progress of the Gauthan work going on in Kachhardi and Parasapali.
- Irrigation facility will be available in 1956 hectares of 25 villages
- Commissioner Shri Brajesh Chandra Mishra communicates with students and professors
- IAS and IPS officer’s given tips of success to Board students.
- Advertisement regarding recruitment to vacant contracts posts in Government Child Surveillance Center, Mahasamund. District Program Officer, Women and Child Development, District Mahasamund.
- Advertisement for guest teacher arrangements. Office of the District Education Officer, District Mahasamund.
- District Child Protection Unit for recruitment on empty contract posts in Mahasamund. District Program Officer, Women and Child Development, District Mahasamund.
- Invitation to express interest in relation to establishment and operation of a specialized adoption agency.