The District is famous for its cultural history. The region was once capital of ‘South Kosal’ ruled by ‘Somavansiya Emperors’, was also a centre of learning. Large number of temples here, with their natural and derive beauty were always a visitors delight. The temples and the fairs/festivals have become the part of peoples daily life.
The position of Sirpur is at the top of all international famed historical places of South Kosal ie, present Chhattisgarh. Sirpur, located at the bank of holy Mahanadi river, is completely merged with the cultural and architectural arts. In the old age(at the time of Somavanshiya emperors) Sirpur was known as ‘Shripur’ and was the capital of South Kosal. Sirpur has very special position in the history of Indian art due to the value of vital and original experimentals as well as religious and spiritual knowledge and science.
- Minister in-charge inaugurated new agricultural college and research center.
- Tree is the basis of life and contributes significantly to human life – Minister Shri Lakhma.
- Loan waiver brought prosperity to the farmers of the state.
- Hareli Tihar was celebrated with Enthusiasm..
- Successful Implementation of Narva, Garwa, Ghurwa and Badi Scheme will open a new way of Rural Prosperity: Commissioner Mr. Churendra
- Commissioner Mr. Churendra reviewed the progress of the Gauthan work going on in Kachhardi and Parasapali.
- Invitation of claim objection for 05 posts of Regional Coordinator and 04 posts of Accounts: MIS Assistant under Office District Panchayat Mahasamund (NRLM).
- Post-wise selection and waiting list based on the marks obtained by the candidates after skill test for data entry operator under Vacant contract post under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee in District Panchayat Mahasamund.
- Advertisement for vacant contract post program officer under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee in District Panchayat Mahasamund.
- Press release, document verification and skill test for vacant contract post program officer under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee in District Panchayat Mahasamund dated 23/10/2019.
- Advertisement and application form format for contractual recruitment of approved posts for District Panchayat Resource Center.